- George, Pauline, Sandy, Leo: Results of 16 August 2017 tournament, etc.
- Karen Davis wins 9 August 2017 tournament.
- Leo wins 2 August 2017 tournament.
- Alec wins 26 July 2017 tournament.
- Albert Mestre won 19 July 2017 tournament.
- Albert Mestre wins 12 July 2017 tournament.
- Backgammon in Miami Beach on Mondays.
- Jose Luis wins 2017-07-05 tournament.
- We play on 5 July.
- 28 June tournament: Philippe, Chantal and Leo.
- Fun tournament on 21 June 2017.
- New tournament format working out OK.
- Gary, Albert and Panos: main winner, main 2nd, and consolation winner of 7 June 2017 tournament.
- Chris and Philippe split finals prize on 31 May 2017.
- Brett and Leo split tournament finals on 2017 May 24.
- Daniel Baron and Sandy Warriner split finals on 17 May 2017.
- Good news. Bad news. Plain news.
- Sandy Warriner wins 2 May 2017 tournament.
- No tournament on 2017-02-22.
- Philippe wins 2017-02-15 tournament.
- Alec wins 2017-02-08 and 2017-02-15 tournaments.
- Panos and Leo split finals on 2017-01-25.
- Philippe won 2017-01-18 tournament.
- Small turnout on 2017 January 4.
- Taking end-of-year break. Play resumes on Wednesday 4 January 2017.
- Philippe Salnave wins 7 December 2016 tournament.
- Georges Nader wins 30 November 2016 tournament.
- We are NOT playing on Wednesday 23 November 2016 (Thanksgiving Eve).
- Emilio Tabraue wins 2016-11-16 tournament.
- Georges Nader wins 2016-11-09 tournament.
- Albert Mestres wins 2016-10-26 tournament.
- We are back!
- We are taking a break from live play.
- Alec Izzo is our champion in 2014.
- We are finished playing in 2014. Play resumes on 7 January 2015.
- Georges Nader wins first tournament.
- Georges and Philippe split tournament.
- Jeff Sternberg wins first “Formal” tournament.
- Alec Izzo won for the 7th time this year.
- Bob Howayeck wins second tournament.
- Vic does it again!
- Fish eats sharks! Guy Nottoli wins his first tournament of 2014.
- Vic Manetti wins 2014-08-13 tournament.
- Rick Wolf wins again.
- Alexander Delgado wins tournament on his first visit.
- Bob Hawayeck wins 2 July 2014 tournament.
- Alec Izzo won this week’s tournament.
- Rick Wolf wins first tournament.
- Jose Luis wins again.
- Lance won this week’s tournament.
- Philippe Salnave won 14 May tournament.
- Newcomer Jose Luis Canavesi won 7 May 2013 tournament.
- Philippe Salnave won 30 April tournament
- Alec won 9 April Tournament; leads in standings.
- Lance wins 2 April 2014 tournament; ties with Alec for lead.
- Alec won this week; leads pack.
- Philippe wins his 2nd.
- Neal Rosensweig veni, vidi, vici.
- Alec Izzo won 5 February 2014 tournament.
- Philippe won last night’s tournament.
- Alec Izzo wins this week.
- Lance wins again.
- Lance Novak wins first tournament of 2014.
- First meeting of 2014 on Wednesday 8 January.
- Last meeting of 2013 on Wednesday 18 December.
- 2013 Florida State Backgammon Championship (October 17 to 20).
- Standings are up to date.
- Chris and Leo split 2013-04-24 tournament points.
- Free Backgammon Lectures!
- David and Leo split 2013-04-10 tournament points.
- Alec and Philippe split 2013-02-27 tournament points.
- Standings are up to date, etc.
- Philippe won 23 January Tournament.
- Lance won this week’s tournament, etc., etc.
- Alec Izzo is 2012 champion.
- Not playing on 26 December and 2 January. Restart play on 9 January.
- If The 19th Hole is not available, go to The Cascade Grill.
- Weekly tournaments started.
- Great to be playing again.
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- March 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- August 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
Search This Site
Monthly Archives: June 2017
Noting that the Independence Day holiday (July 4th) was the following week, some players on 28 June wondered if we were going to play on Wednesday 5 July 2017. We are playing as scheduled on Wednesday 5 July 2017.
Philippe won the tournament on 28 June 2017, defeating newcomer Chantal in the finals. I (Leo) won the consolation. We seem to have a history of newcomers doing well in our tournaments. Congratulations to Chantal and Philippe. We had 11 … Continue reading
We again this week tried the main plus consolation 5-point matches format. The feedback continues to be positive, so we’ll settle on this approach until we can figure out something better. We had a 10-player tournament (plus 2 folk who … Continue reading
We again played this week (14 June 2017) a 5-point main plus a consolation bracket tournament. As they say in the medical business, the patients tolerated the procedure well. So we will continue this format for a while given its … Continue reading
The weather leading to, including and following last Wednesday was crummy–unless you are a farmer or gardener, of course. It had rained for several days in a row and Wednesday was no exception. In the middle of the afternoon, the … Continue reading
Chris Hammon and Philippe Salnave split the finals of the 2017-05-31 tournament. Congratulations to both. We again ran a bit late (I had nothing to do with it; I showed up on American time). Perhaps it was our having 12 … Continue reading