- No tournament on 2015-02-22.
- Philippe wins 2015-02-15 tournament.
- Alec wins 2015-02-08 and 2015-15 tournaments.
- Panos and Leo split finals on 2017-01-25.
- Philippe won 2017-01-18 tournament.
- Small turnout Wednesday 4th.
- Taking end-of-year break. Play resumes on Wednesday 4 January 2017.
- Philippe Salnave wins 7 December 2016 tournament.
- Georges Nader wins 30 November 2016 tournament.
- We are *not* playing on Wednesday 23 November 2016 (Thanksgiving eve).
- Emilio Tabraue wins 2016-11-16 tournament.
- Georges Nader wins 2016-11-09 tournament.
- Albert Mestres wins 2016-10-26 tournament.
- We are back!
- We are taking a break from live play.
- Alec Izzo is our champion in 2014.
- We are finished playing in 2014. Play resumes on 7 January 2015.
- Georges Nader wins first tournament.
- Georges and Philippe split tournament.
- Jeff Sternberg wins first “Formal” tournament.
- Alec Izzo won for the 7th time this year.
- Bob Howayeck wins second tournament.
- Vic does it again!
- Fish eats sharks! Guy Nottoli wins his first tournament of 2014.
- Vic Manetti wins 2014-08-13 tournament.
- Rick Wolf wins again.
- Alexander Delgado wins tournament on his first visit.
- Bob Hawayeck wins 2 July 2014 tournament.
- Alec Izzo won this week’s tournament.
- Rick Wolf wins first tournament.
- Jose Luis wins again.
- Lance won this week’s tournament.
- Philippe Salnave won 14 May tournament.
- Newcomer Jose Luis Canavesi won 7 May 2013 tournament.
- Philippe Salnave won 30 April tournament
- Alec won 9 April Tournament; leads in standings.
- Lance wins 2 April 2014 tournament; ties with Alec for lead.
- Alec won this week; leads pack.
- Philippe wins his 2nd.
- Neal Rosensweig veni, vidi, vici.
- Alec Izzo won 5 February 2014 tournament.
- Philippe won last night’s tournament.
- Alec Izzo wins this week.
- Lance wins again.
- Lance Novak wins first tournament of 2014.
- First meeting of 2014 on Wednesday 8 January.
- Last meeting of 2013 on Wednesday 18 December.
- 2013 Florida State Backgammon Championship (October 17 to 20).
- Standings are up to date.
- Chris and Leo split 2013-04-24 tournament points.
- Free Backgammon Lectures!
- David and Leo split 2013-04-10 tournament points.
- Alec and Philippe split 2013-02-27 tournament points.
- Standings are up to date, etc.
- Philippe won 23 January Tournament.
- Lance won this week’s tournament, etc., etc.
- Alec Izzo is 2012 champion.
- Not playing on 26 December and 2 January. Restart play on 9 January.
- If The 19th Hole is not available, go to The Cascade Grill.
- Weekly tournaments started.
- Great to be playing again.
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- March 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- August 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
Search This Site
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Was the rain the culprit? Don’t know. We had a small player turnout and did not have a tournament on 2015-02-22.
Philippe Salnave won the 2015-02-15 tournament, defeating Michael Stigall in the finals. We had 8 players in the tournament. Congratulations to Philippe (“The Master”) and to Michael who reached the finals for the first time.
Alec Izzo defeated Albert Mestre in the finals of both the 8th and 15th February 2015 tournaments. We had 9 players in both tournaments. Needless to say, congratulations times 2 to both Alec and Albert. So, with this post shot … Continue reading
Congratulations to Panos for reaching the finals two weeks in a row. We had 6 players in the tournament. We had two women and faced the possibility of having an all-women final match, but the dice had other plans. Panos … Continue reading
Philippe defeated Panos in the finals. We had 7 players in the tournament. Congratulations to Philippe for winning another tournament.
We had only four players this week. Actually, had five, but four played head-to-head. Can’t explain why the low number. Let’s hope we have a good tournament this week on the 11th.
We are taking a short break. Will be back playing the first Wednesday of the year (4 January 2017). Join us then!
Congratulations to Philippe, who defeated Albert in the finals of a 6-person tournament.
We got back to playing after the Thanksgiving break. I did not get a chance to attend this week’s tournament (family matter took priority over backgammon). Georges Nader won the tournament . . . again. We had 10 players (would have … Continue reading
We are not playing on Thanksgiving eve, i.e., 23 November 2016. Enjoy the holiday with family and friends. There will be time for backgammon the following week.
This was yet another time in which a newcomer who vini, vidi, vici [I may not have the proper grammatical Latin tense, but you get the idea]. Emilio Tabraue was it. Emilio beat Albert Mestres in the finals. Big congratulations to … Continue reading
Congratulations to Georges Nader for winning the 9 November 2016 tournament. Nothing else needs to be said. Georges is one of our top players.
We are back indeed, as the pictures on the left of this post show. We had 9 players on Wednesday, 8 in the tournament. Albert Mestres (the paramedic) won the tournament. He beat Philippe in the finals, after coming back from … Continue reading
After taking an 18-month break, we are restarting play. Let’s get the show back on the road beginning the last Wednesday of this month, that is October 26, 2016. I will post additional comments later. Just wanted to get the … Continue reading
Because of personal (travel, family) reasons, I have not had a chance to attend our Wednesday gatherings at the Biltmore during the last three weeks. I am informed that during the last two weeks only one player showed up. Prior to … Continue reading
Congratulations to go to our 2014 champion Alec Izzo. Alec won the most tournaments throughout the year, besting runner-up Philippe Salnave. Note that Alec is an ABT 2014 ranked player (No. 153).
We are done playing in 2014. Let’s start playing again on Wednesday 7 January 2015.
Georges Nader won the tournament on 15 October 2014. He beat Bob Howayeck in the finals. It looks like Georges is finally on a roll (he and Philippe split by agreement last week).
Georges and Philippe split made it to the finals and split the win by agreement. So, we’ll award them each 1/2 standings point.
On 1 October 2014 we had our first “Formal” tournament. No, nobody had to wear tuxes or evening gowns. We just got a little publicity for the tournament as a “formal” one–just a moniker to give the tournament a bit … Continue reading
Alec Izzo defeated Georges Nader in the finals of the 17 September 2014 tournament. The match had some moments of great tension and drama. Alec continues to lead the pack, now with 7 wins.
Bob Howayeck defeated Alec Izzo in the finals of the 10 September 2011 tournament. This was Bob’s second win.
Vic defeated Georges in the finals of the 27 August tournament. Hey, I am starting to get the feeling that Vic can play big time. Congratulations due to Vic on his second win this year.
Congratulations to Guy for winning last week’s [2014-08-20] tournament. Guy took on two certified sharks (Philippe and Georges) on his way to his first tournament victory of 2014. Guy also beat Jim, but I have not seen Jim play enough … Continue reading
Vic defeated Pauline in the finals. This is Vic’s first tournament win.
Rick Wolf has won this week’s (2014-08-06) tournament; that’s two in a row for Rick. Hey, maybe the guy can play backgammon. We were honored to have Dr. Karen Davis join us for the tournament. Dr. Davis is the chairman and treasurer … Continue reading
Alex Delgado won this week’s tournament (9 July 2014). This is starting to be a “trend”. A new players shows up and wins a tournament.
Congratulations to Bob for winning his first tournament. He defeated Philippe in the finals.
Alec defeated Vic in the finals of this week’s tournament. He now leads in the standings with 6 tournament win points.
Congratulations to Rick for winning his first tournament last week. Rick beat Philippe in the finals.
Jose Luis Canavesi won this week’s tournament, beating me in the finals. That was the first time I played against Jose Luis; he was terrific.
Lance beat Alec in the finals of this week’s tournament (21 May 2014). He is catching up to Alec on tournament points.
Philippe did it again. Won the 14 May 2014 tournament.
This is the second time this year that a newcomer won the weekly tournament. Congratulations to Jose Luis Canavesi who beat Rey Lopez in the finals.
Philippe won last week’s tournament. He beat me in the finals . . . what else would you expect? Alec still leads in the standings.
The title of this post says it all . . . almost. Alec Izzo leads with 4 standing points. Check out the standings page.
The title pretty much says it all. Lance beat Bob in the finals last week. Lance is now tied with Alec at 3 tournament wins apiece.
Alec won this week’s tournament. He is the current points leader.
We played 9-point matches last night instead of the usual 7-pointers. We had a couple of newcomers, Todd and Bob. Philippe beat Alec in the finals in, by mutual agreement, a 7-point match. Check out the championship standings: Philippe, Lance and Alec have … Continue reading
Newcomer Neal Rosensweig won this week’s tournament. Neal came back from the brink against me. By the way, this was the third week in row that I made it to the finals. . . and got beaten.
Alec beat me in the finals. Philippe had a great time watching me blunder throughout the match.
Philippe beat me 7 to 0 in last night’s final match and won.
Alec defeated Rey in the finals of this week’s tournament; so, no threepeat for Lance.
Lance Novak won our 2nd tournament. Will he three-peat next week?
We had a strong field last night with several players from Broward. Lance Novak won the tournament.
We are baaaaaack! Hope to see everyone this Wednesday (8 January) when we resume play in the new year.
I hope you can join us this Wednesday 18 December at the Biltmore for our last backgammon meeting of 2013. We will not play on Christmas or New Year’s Day, and will restart play in 2014 on Wednesday 8 January.
The 2013 Florida State Backgammon Championship will take place from October 17 to 20. Please see the brochure and entry form at www.BackgammonProMotions.com. Hope to see many of you there.
So that Chris and Alec can get off my case for not updating the standing during the last couple of weeks, I got them done; so we are up to date. Philippe is still kicking everyone’s butt. If you have the … Continue reading
As Alec and Philippe did a couple of weeks ago, Chris and I did not play the final match and split this week’s points by agreement. We had a small turnout, so the tournament only had 5 entrants. Going into … Continue reading
Before each weekly tournmant, we plan to have a lecture on a relevant backgammon topic. The first lecture will take place on 24 April 2013. Philippe was kind enough to volunteer for the first–and hopefully many other–lecture, in which he will … Continue reading
As Alec and Philippe did a couple of weeks ago, David and I did not play the final match and split this week’s points by agreement. Surprisingly, we had a small turnout, so the tournament only had 5 entrants. Going … Continue reading
We ran a bit late last Wednesday. The final match pitted Philippe and Alec. Instead of duking it out, they agreed to split the match evenly. Nice resolution, but that meant I had to figure out how to split the … Continue reading
The standings table is up to date. Jacob won on January 30th, and I won last week (despite, as Alec pointed out, playing the worst backgammon he has seen me play since we met about 20 years ago). Please check the … Continue reading
Philippe Salnave won last week’s tournament. I did not get a chance to update the standings page; will do so later.
1. Lance Novack won last night’s tournament. I will post the points standings during the weekend. http://miamibackgammon.com/results-and-standings/ 2. We had several new folk join us last night. Great to meet y’all; hope you had a pleasant evening. Come back! 3. … Continue reading
Congratulations to Alec who is our 2012 champ. He garnered the most tournament points for the year.
Congratulations to Sebastian who won last night’s tournament. I will calculate the final standing points for 2012 and post them this weekend to the website. We will not play the next two Wednesdays (26 December and 2 January), which happen … Continue reading
During the last couple of weeks The 19th Hole has been having private events. We have moved to The Cascade Grill, next to the pool. Go behind the bar, to the well-lighted area next to the Bocci Ball court.
On September 19 September we played our first tournament. Played seven-point matches. Did not finish by closing time. Marv and Lance finished the tournament a couple of weeks later. I think this is a good model. We can start a … Continue reading